English bank account
An English bank account is an ordinary business account where all (daily) incoming and outgoing company transactions are carried out. There is usually an associated Visa Debit Card and this can be used for regular business purchases. Furthermore, all English banks have a reliable online banking facility. A standard business current account is usually based on £ (GBP), but is also available in other currencies. An English business bank account uses the SWIFT system and provides you with the BIC and IBAN numbers for international transactions.
Please note that we guaranty a business bank account for your company. But not always a bankcard, since many banks now are only focused on online banking.
1. What are the requirements for opening an English business bank account?
You must live in the EU. In addition to this, there are several other specific requirements, depending on your individual situation.
2. How long does it take to open a bank account in England?
You should expect it to take at least a few weeks to set up an English bank account.
3. Do I have to appear in person to open a bank account for my company in England?
Typically, customers travel to England for a short meeting in the bank, which we will accompany if you wish. We will handle the rest.
4. Is it possible to create a company account outside the UK?
Yes, CPIE Services’ collaboration with overseas banks can help you with this.
5. Which English banks do you collaborate with?